Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall









The colors this year are breathtaking. The leaves seem to be shouting at us to pay attention. Liz wrote a great blog on the leaves. There's just something about fall. It smells like football and fire and decay. The clear days are dazzling. The cloudy days are comforting. As we waited for the bus yesterday, we couldn't see the sun for the clouds, but the trees glowed. It made me feel as if I'd stepped into another world. The sunrises and sunsets demand applause they are so breathtaking. This Sunday Fred said, "Where's the camera? I have to take pictures of this." So he went outside to try to capture the wonder of fall, the blessing of God. Then we hopped in the truck and drove around taking pictures of people's trees. We had a great time and you can see some of the results. I feel like I've had a taste of Heaven. Happy fall.

3 comments:

liz said...

Excellent pictures! I love this season. Even with the decay, and the stark skeletons of trees showing, I know the cycle and know room has to be made for new growth...

"grandma" toth said...

Nice pictures! I especially like the one of fred! He's as good looking as the trees.

heidiannie said...

Beautiful! It is so nice to see the beauty spread around the country! I love seeing pictures from other regions and areas- something more to be thankful for!