Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Homecoming

 He remembered to be a gentleman, and Dad let him take the car.
                                                                            Bree and Fred
 I love this picture.  Bree posted it on face book in black and white and for the caption wrote, Fred Fulton, Holy Spirit, Bree Jordan.
                                                               Great group of kids
 When we arrived at Bree's to take pictures, some of the gentlemen were having trouble with their ties.  Bree's dad was out of town, so her brother googled "how to tie a tie."  It was so funny!  Chris rescued them.  He tied 3 of the ties for the evening.  Fred missed a step, so he had some help.
                                                   Sam and Peter at the tailgate party
                                                                 After the game
                                                          Ben ready for the monster slide
                                                                         Fred is #34
Let me first just say that so far I DO NOT like the new system for Blogger--I can't seem to figure out how to put the pictures on, so imagine these in reverse order!!! 

Life is, um, stressful right now.  There are things, things, things going on.  We started homeschooling Sam this week, which is the culmination of a bunch of other stuff.  So instead of going down that road, I wanted to share what has been bringing me joy.  I have always enjoyed high school football (seriously Chris!), but it's so much more fun now that I have a vested interest.  I love to watch Fred play.  He is in almost the entire game.  He runs the defense and does it very well.  Since it's inception 6 years ago, Mountain View has not had a winning football team, but this year they are 5 and 1 so far.  It's been an exciting ride.  Last week was homecoming, and the team won again--a hard fought battle.  We went to the tailgate party and parade before the game, and then enjoyed the evening with many friends.  The next evening was the dance, which Fred attended with Bree, his girlfriend.  This is all new territory for us, but it's been so much fun.  I'm thankful for these moments of joy. 

5 comments:

LindaSue said...

Wow, Paula, I cannot believe how big your boys are growing...and that they are really young men now. What a great family you are!

Jane said...

Paula, I REALLY loved your blog!
I was so glad that I was able to be there the past weekend for all the events.

Martha said...

Blogger has a new system?!?

liz said...

Great pictures! Thanks for the update. Bree is gorgeous and Fred looks awesome in his uniform. Loving these years... Miss you...

Unknown said...

:D