Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More vacation

Hiking at beautiful Jone's Gap State Park in South Carolina.
My niece Ashley spent the week with us while we were there.
Boating on Lake Keowee. It is the cleanest lake I've ever seen.
Ben and Sam in the back of the boat holding Pam's chihuahua, Taco.
Chris and his mom
Chris's sister Pam and her husband Deano at their house.
Pam has a pool, and we spent several days there swimming. It was in the upper 90's and humid some of the time we were there.
After church Sunday at Norma Gean's
Granpa let Fred drive his '68 Corvette. He was very excited and wants to buy it. Hmmmm
We were home from Disney for 5 days then left for South Carolina to visit Chris's family. It has been a while since we have been there, and we all had a great time. I'm about done traveling, but Ben and I leave Monday for camp. I'm trying to ignore all that needs done but won't get done and enjoy the experiences. I guess I need to work like mad this week to get ready for next week and to get things in order from being gone for 2 weeks before that.

Fred had two of his wisdom teeth pulled on Monday, and he's doing very well. The swelling is increasing, but that's normal. I was more nervous than he, but the nurse said that's normal as well. I'm thankful that it's over and he's on the other side.

4 comments:

Jane Henry said...

Paula and all,

From your blog, it looks like everybody had a great time! I don't think that grandpa wanted to sell his '68 Corvette, and Fred wouldn't be able to pay the insurance on it.

Norma Gean looks really great, as does everyone else. I am sure that Ashley had a great time staying with her four cousins and having them over swimming in their great, salt-water pool.

Hope that you have time to relax before Ben and you leave for camp. I hope that you both have a great time.

See you soon.

Love, Dad and Mom

liz said...

What a fun, full summer! You'll get caught up with everything else later, I'm sure. Have fun at camp!

Martha said...

Ok, so for some reason, the flyswatter in Deano's hand out on an open porch is just cracking me up. Isn't it futile to have a flyswatter outside in South Carolina?!

It was nice to see Norma Gean again! I haven't seen her for probably 25 years! (Yikes!)

That pool suuurre looks nice!

"gram" toth said...

Good to see the Fulton side of the family. Norma Gean looks great! So does Pam...and of course, so does your gang!