Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snow

Chris digging his way out to play basketball.






Last Friday found us all filled with anticipation. We were supposed to get a MAJOR snow storm. Our big ones always come from the south, and that's where this one was perched, ready to bring us yards of snow. On the announcements at school Friday morning, the principal warned us to take everything with us since school would be cancelled Monday and Tuesday if the storm panned out. We have been disappointed before. But this time, thankfully, there was no disappointment. Snow started Friday evening and kept up all day Saturday. All tolled, we had 17 inches of beautiful snow. I think they cancel school way too quickly for snow here, speaking as a mom, but as a teacher I was as excited as the boys. NO SCHOOL for TWO WEEKS!!! Woo hoo! That extra two days has done wonders for my attitude and my home. I have caught up on sleep that I've been missing. I (semi) cleaned the house. I'm ready for Christmas. This snow was my Christmas gift this year. Because there was so much of it, we'll have a white Christmas for the first time in 21 years. Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Aunt Martha said...

And a merry Christmas to you and your family! You really got the snow! :-) Enjoy!

Jane said...

Paula,
I hadn't realized that you hadn't had a "White4 Christmas" in 21 years! At last, you got it. I know that you were as happy as the boys when they cancelled the last two days of school. It did look like Chris had a lot of shoveling to do. Did he make it to his basketball game? I am sure that you had four boys who could help shovel out the cars.
I am sure that you had a great Christmas yesterday.

Mom

liz said...

We're jealous--we had a grey Christmas! Your pictures are beautiful!

Martha said...

Soo glad you had a white Christmas, because we didn't. It looks beautiful!

"Grandma" Toth said...

A beauiful white Christmas for you! God is good! We got a few inches Sun. and Mon. this week. It's enough for awhile.