Sunday, December 6, 2009

Working

We spent Thanksgiving with some of our favorite people.





I started a long-term sub position last Monday. I don't know how moms do it! Last week was full enough each evening, but to be gone all day on top of it made life crazy. When I subbed at the high school before, I made friends with another English teacher. When I left, she asked me if I would sub for her when she went on maternity leave. I told her "sure." It finally happened. When I went to back to school night, another English teacher was expecting and not due until the first returned to work. I thought I could do it--back to back full time from Thanksgiving through April. As the start day loomed, I realized ( and God convinced me) that that would not be a good thing for anyone. I backed out of the second job, so now I only work until February 1. My first day went so well that I thought, "Maybe I should take the second job as well." Then I got home. Again, God convinced me that being home and taking care of my family is more important right now. In the meantime, I'm Mrs. Sutton. The kids have been great. She is a good teacher and she organized everything for me. It's a great gig. I have learned a new appreciation and sorrow for working moms, though.

1 comment:

Jane Henry said...

Paula,
We were very glad to spend the special time, Thanksgiving, with you and yours.
I know that you will get through this long-term subbing job, since I know that it is in your area, and you will enjoy it.
When I subbed, most of my long-term jobs weren't even in my field.
You are at an advantage!
I am sure that Lindsay is enjoying her time with her new baby daughter.

Next holiday is Christmas! WOW
The time goes very fast when you are an ADULT.
Love, Mom