Friday, July 25, 2008

The Toths

Ron and Tammy (see pictures below) are special friends in our lives. Ron actually introduced me to Chris at a track meet way too many years ago. They were friends from church. Ron invited me to church as well. He played the trumpet with me in band and sat next to me for about a year. Because of his family, Chris and I are who we are today. They had a great impact on both of our lives. Ron's father is the minister at the church we went to in Ohio. Many great memories include one or more of the Toth family. I remember watching Haley's comet on Ron's rooftop in the middle of the night. Chris has memories of playing on the rafters in their home that used to be a barn. Ron was in our wedding, Chris was in Ron's. You get the idea.
It has been a privilege to watch their family grow. Tammy just gave birth to their 8th child in April. They lapped us! They now have 4 boys and 4 girls ranging in age from 12 to 3 months now. When we told them we were coming up to visit and wanted to see them, Tammy insisted that we spend the night with them---even with a 2 month old. We did spend a significant amount of our 2 days in Newton Falls with them because our boys didn't want to leave! There were 12 children in that house, but you couldn't tell. They all played so nicely and had a wonderful time. The boys want to move next door so they can play every day. As we were there, we could sense the joy in their home. It's not something you can fake for visitors. They truly enjoy each of their children, and the kids all love each other so much. Tammy said that many days she doesn't get to hold Josiah much because all of the children want to spend time with their baby brother. Love overflows from every room. Their hearts and home belong to Jesus in every way. Tammy is gentle and kind as a mother and a friend. Did I mention she homeschools as well? I learn so much from being with them each time and I'm so encouraged. I hope we get to see them again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful family! And your family is just as loving and precious! We pray that God will continue blessing all of you in His special way. Love you all.

LindaSue said...

I miss them even more than I miss NF 4th of Julys!