Monday, May 4, 2009

May Already!!!!

So May is here. My cherry tree went from a buzzing white cloud to vibrant green. Our cars were green, Chris's desk was green, there was a green haze on everything last week. Then the rain came and washed it all clean. It's been raining for days and will continue. Praise God for this gift, and for the golden finches in the grass this morning.
We have been running full tilt. Ben, Sam and Peter ran in the Great Train Race in Fredericksburg yesterday. It rained all night, but stopped by the time we had to be there at 7. Then it stayed dry until after Peter's heat at 9:30! They ran a mile through downtown Fredericksburg. My friend was telling me that it's the largest children's race in the nation. It was a lot of fun. Our days are filled with practices, lessons, homework, and more practices. Monday, for example, includes Ben's track, Fred's baseball, Sam, Peter and Ben's soccer. This week also includes 3 baseball games, a chorus concert and 2 track meets. I don't know how this will all happen, but it will. Before this all started, I realized that I couldn't continue to "do spring" the way I'd always done it. I get completely stressed out over all of the running, feel guilty over the lack of time spent on homework, and obsess over who will have to stay home alone all evening and who needs to go to which brothers' game. This year I knew I would end up burned out and either sick or in pain if I tried to keep up. As I prayed about this, I felt God nudge me. I needed to stop trying to fit other things in during the day. I needed to not volunteer for ANYTHING! I needed to determine to enjoy their games and their practices and the time in the van with them. And, I needed to trust God to work out the schedule. So far, I have only had one day where I spazzed out over the schedule, and since then I don't look ahead. Also, I've seen God open doors and make ways where there wasn't a way. For example, when Fred was to be inducted into the Honor Society, Peter had practice, which we could skip. Fred had practice, but it was after school and before the induction, but Ben had a game. Chris didn't want to leave Ben at the game alone, but neither of us wanted to miss the induction either. Chris was going to go to the game and try to get the coach to bring Ben to the high school after the game. As they were on their way, I got an e-mail saying all of the games at the park where he was playing were cancelled. They were working on the sidewalks and didn't want anyone there! Amazing! So we both got to go and I didn't have to worry. There have been things like that each week. I am bolstered in my faith and my trust. God will provide each day. So as we speed toward the summer, I know that whatever happens will be alright. This is a much better way to go through spring and life!

No comments: