Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And more snow....



This is what I saw Sunday morning when I got up to have my quiet time. The full moon was amazingly bright over the trees. It looked so peaceful and lonely. The sky is deceptively dark in the pictures. It was really about 7 in the morning, but I haven't figured out how to get the pictures more accurate. We had another snow storm on Saturday. They called for 2-3 inches for us, and we ended up with 7. It snowed 3 more last night, and they are calling for another "significant event" from the south for Friday/Saturday. We've had 31 inches so far this year. It's been an amazing snow year for Virginia.
I'm officially done (so I hope to post more often), but it doesn't feel like it. Monday was a teacher work day which ended up being delayed and then made optional because of all of the snow. By Tuesday I thought they would go to school for sure since it had snowed on Saturday. As I took Peter to a friend's who lives even farther out than we do, I realized that school Tuesday was not going to happen. The roads out there were still too bad for Virginia school buses. Then, of course, today we have more snow, wet this time and heavy, so they are home again. I am not counting these days as "officially done" days since everyone is still here. For the most part, everyone has gotten along fine. Yesterday two friends came over to help break up the "togetherness." Today we are going to the library, the store, and to see some puppies. That will help. I pray they go to school tomorrow because it looks like we are in for another several days at home from this next storm.

2 comments:

Jane Henry said...

Paula,

I guess we were lucky down here, since we only got a light sprinkle of snow. It was really foggy when I woke up, and there is still quite a lot of fog now at 10 a.m. We have had lots of snow this year.
I am sure that once the boys go back to school, it will really feel as if you are done with the long sub job. I know it will be nice to stay at home, when the boys are back in school. It is hard to get things done when everyone is there, plus extras! The girls don't have school today, either.
Hope you have a good day at the library, shopping, and seeing puppies. Hope the boys are just going to look instead of wanting to bring one, or two of them home.
This wouldn't be a good time to get a puppy, since there is too much snow and it would be hard to train a puppy.
Our roads are better than Food Lion's parking lot.
Try to have a calm day!
Love, Mom

"grandma" Toth said...

Beautiful pictures! Put the boys to "work" making a huge snowman and several snow forts. We have hardly any snow left, but should get a few inches tonight. Praying for you all!