Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer is here

We officially started our summer Friday afternoon as the last child got off the last bus for the last time until September (sniffle). I look forward with dread at the long days ahead! That sounds terrible, I know, but we have not had one 12 hour period since then without a major conflict. Chris said that it was 11:22 today, the first day with no school for the summer, when he heard the first, "I'm bored!" We have two weeks of wonderful vacation coming up---we can't wait to see everyone in Ohio! But that really doesn't help on Monday, June 16th at 2:20 in the afternoon. I know I'm complaining. I'm sure we will all survive, one moment at a time. This will be a huge opportunity to do some more growing spiritually and in those problem areas. We have started working on a Bible study called "Peace Makers for Kids." It is wonderful, but I'm sure that's one of the reasons we are having so many issues. As we try to work on those areas where we are weak or have troubles, those same areas seem to bubble up and grow to twice their normal size. Fred is 15 and Ben is almost 13. There are lots of hormones here right now. I hope that we can all laugh at this someday, and I also hope that the boys will still be friends 3 months from now. I'll let you know. Every year it is the same. Transition times are always difficult. We will survive! Things will get better. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

No comments: