Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Help!

Time is short. School is over next Friday, the 13th. The list is becoming longer and longer. Last night was my first crash. I subbed at the high school, then came home and did dinner so that Fred and Chris could eat before baseball. Then I mopped the floor, thinking I could get ahead on my chores for today. Then, it was all I could do to walk to the couch and flop. That was it for me for the rest of the night. That's when I know I need to take stock and calm down. Our average activity level is 3 things per night this spring. I think it's finally getting to me. But thankfully things are wrapping up. Peter only has 2 more soccer games. Sam only has one. We have two soccer parties here this week. Ben's final concert (probably ever) is Wednesday. Our Bible study has taken a break for a few weeks. Maybe there will be some breathing room. I hate to live this way, but when there are 4 kids involved, it isn't an option. I will be so glad when summer comes and they are asking what they can do because they are bored! The problem is with me. I let these things overwhelm me. Each week for the past month I have spent my days preparing for something that week. That's not a bad thing. There will be a week, soon, where I won't have to prepare for some event. I plan to read, sleep, eat, and finally dust my bedroom. Then maybe I'll have something better to blog about as well!

No comments: