Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacation is coming!

I'm not sure why I'm surprised when challenges arise, especially as we prepare for vacation. However, I have been taken by surprise a bunch this week. It was already a jam-packed week (how many aren't?), but as I went to a meeting last night, I realized that the air conditioning in the van didn't work. We are traveling for 2 weeks and, as Chris pointed out, we are going north for part of that time. But what a time to not work. We haven't needed it here for a couple of weeks, so imagine my surprise last night when it kept blowing warm air. Our van is only 2 years old, so I would not expect to have issues like this. Oh well, serves us right for not buying a GM product! ----They just called and said there is no refrigerant left. A rock put a hole in the condenser.-----

The silver linings have been abundant this week, though, so I need to keep my eyes on what God is doing in this. The dealership is looking at the problem as we speak, so we realistically could have air for the trip. Peter and Sam have been at VBS all week, and Peter invited a school friend on "bring a friend day." He was able, along with his teacher, to share the gospel with this little boy, who then declared that he wanted to be a Christian. How awesome is that?! Fred's workouts were moved this week in the exact way so that he could spend two days with two different friends when those boys were available. Ben got to spend the night with a good friend this week. And they will be able to fix the air conditioner today in time for us to get to the swim meet tonight. God is good all of the time. This week I have had so many opportunities to trust Him and be joyful. Stretching and growing....always a good thing in the end!

No comments: