Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My tree

I lost part of my favorite tree yesterday. I guess the weight of it became too heavy for the trunk. It had a beautiful canopy that reminded me of a fort or a secret hide out. It provided shade to part of the pasture in the summer. The boys would sit on the fence, grab a branch and swing like Tarzan. Under it's branches was the peek-through that allowed us to safely pull out of our driveway. It has to go.
I made a mistake today that affected one of my boys. I'm sad and I hope he's not hurting because of it. It's small and silly, but it makes me melancholy. I should be cleaning instead of blogging......

4 comments:

liz said...

I'm sad about the tree because I LOVE trees and I'm sad about the mistake because I HATE pain. It makes me long for heaven--the tree of life won't be losing branches, I'm thinking, and mistakes...we won't even remember their existance.

Hope everything turned out okay.

Paula said...

It was fine. He didn't even know I'd made it until he got home. I love that the tree of life won't lose branches! What a great thought!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein?

Paula said...

I have. A long time ago. It made me sad.