Monday, October 20, 2008

Soccer weekend


Soccer pictures, as requested!
You can tell what a beautiful day Sunday was by the striking blue behind Ben's head!
We had another busy week and weekend. I think that defines our lives right now. We froze at a soccer game on Saturday morning, but by the football and baseball games it had warmed up a bit so that I could take off hat and gloves and come out of my blanket. It's a good thing we live in warm Virginia!
Saturday evening we lead a prayer gathering at the property our church is buying. We have been meeting in a high school for 6 years, and God has moved in amazing ways to make this property available to us. So about 30 of us from the committee gathered to seek God and thank Him for His amazing provision on Saturday evening.
Then Sunday after church Ben had a make-up game. It was such a beautiful fall day--one of those days I wish I could bottle up in order to open in the heat of summer or the depths of winter. Sunday night started our 5 week church-wide small group study. I ended up leading the 7th graders. That was new and challenging. I need to do some re-tooling this week so that they engage a little more next week. It was good to see that Ben is just like the rest of the 7th graders. Sometimes I lose that perspective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula,
Ben's picture looked good and the sky really was blue.
Congratulations on your church buying land for a church. I am sure that everyone will be happy when it is built.
Now you know that Ben is just like other 7th graders! I guess that is a good thing!!!???
Mom

liz said...

Ben looks great! And 7th graders can be fun!