Saturday, December 6, 2008

Brunch




I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas which I'm sure I'll explore as December moves along. One of the reasons I love it is that we have an excuse to get together. Our ladies Bible study group had brunch yesterday at my house. It was wonderful to be with these women and relax and enjoy great food. They mean so much to me. It has been a blessing to get to know them and to study God's Word together. There is a bonding that happens over God's Word that is unlike others. We had so much fun talking and laughing together, and I got to use my pink dishes again. Someone made a fruit pizza, and I made cranberry bars, a new recipe that was delicious.


3 comments:

heidiannie said...

I know what you mean= I enjoy the fellowship and the greater meaning of the season- but I hate to be caught up in gifts and meaningless emotion. As I write this, my husband is decorating with lights and small trees outside and I am seriously loving it! I guess my feelings are just ambivalent!

But I am enjoying the snow from in here!!

liz said...

Paula, I had a pang of longing reading your post. I wish I was in a Bible study with you and I wish I was at your brunch. I go to Bible studies and brunches now, but not with YOU! I am SO GLAD we can keep in touch through these blogs. Thanks for posting!

Martha said...

I noticed your pink dishes right away! I'm glad you got to use them again so soon. :)