Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Here

I didn't fall off the planet! It has been a busy four days. Friday we had 3 friends spend the night and then the day with us Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Fred played basketball Friday evening, and Peter had a game Saturday. All of us went to see them both play. Since the weather was so cold outside, we decided indoor activities were the thing to do. Saturday the kids braved the cold and went skating on the pond. The high on Friday was 19, so it was frozen solid. Still no snow here, but ice worked for the day. Sunday was church and meetings and Bible study. I am teaching the high school girls, and we are going through the book of 1 Peter. They are a great group of girls, and I'm so glad to get to know them better. Monday was MLK Day. We had dinner with friends and played games--a great thing to do on a cold holiday. Yesterday we watched much of the inauguration in the morning and up to the swearing in. It was amazing to see so many people crowding the mall and braving the cold. Metro said they transported almost 900,000 people yesterday. I have to admit that I was sad to see the Bush's leave. I know he's not the most popular guy right now, but I love the graciousness and kindness he has displayed to the Obamas. Yesterday was also the day I realized that some of us have mid-terms this week. Some spent some time studying yesterday, but not enough. I'm hoping to be better at this! Oh well, I guess there needs to be some responsibility on the part of the guilty parties as well. It looks like we'll be studying for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

missed your up-beat blogs! I second your thoughts about the Bush family. Classy and gracious! What an example to all of us.
Hope the mid-terms go well.