Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally!


We actually have snow today and more than just a flurry. School wasn't cancelled early enough, so I was up and ready. But my dear children, who complain every day when I wake them up that it's too early and they need to sleep longer were up WAY before time for school. They had no idea school was cancelled. I had hoped for several hours of productive time before the requests began. That didn't happen. We are only supposed to get an inch or two, not a huge amount, but enough to close everything down. Tomorrow we are to get ice in the morning turning to rain in the afternoon. I guess that will put an end to our snow. The boys had tomorrow off anyway for a teacher work day. Sam is headed outside, Fred and Ben have already tested the snow. Ben is on the way to a friend's house since you can't stay home when school is cancelled. I'm not sure what the rest of us will do today, but whatever it is, we'll do it in the snow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula,

I knew that the boys would LOVE that snow. When I called and talked to Fred, he said they had already been out to have a snowball fight. I am glad that we didn't get any down here.

ENJOY

Anonymous said...

I could live with only an inch of snow. We're to get 8-12 inches by tomorrow afternoon. Wish we could send some your way for the boys (and you) to enjoy!

heidiannie said...

Yeah- snow days are only exciting when your children are still in school- after that they become hard to get anywhere days!

liz said...

Alas, snow has been relegated down to chores, something to shovel, for our kids this week.

Martha said...

Glad you guys had a break of sorts today. We also had lots and lots of snow ... but no snow day. :( What's with these Canadians?!