Monday, May 12, 2008

Finished at last!

Chris's office before
And after
Chris went golfing last week in South Carolina with men from our church. They go each year and stay from Sunday after church until Wednesday night. Since we had the floors done in Chris's office, I wanted to finish it for him while he was gone. I had to paint while he was here, and it seemed to take an eternity. I painted one or two hours each day for about a week. Things are just very busy now and there wasn't time to do more. When he left, the room was empty, but painted. I had a plan. I changed the sockets and the light switches Monday and got things ready to move in. My friend's husband and son were going to come over on Monday evening to help move some of the heavier furniture back into the room. I was walking back to the truck after Peter's soccer practice Monday evening when I saw Fred walking toward me. He had locked the keys in the truck and the other set of keys was in Myrtle Beach with Chris. Plan B. Thankfully my friend's husband came to rescue us at the park. He got the truck opened as I prayed behind him. Then we adjourned to our house for furniture moving. On Tuesday I picked up Chris's new desk at the furniture warehouse. Wednesday evening my neighbors carried it into the office for me just minutes before Chris got home. He was glad that it was done but seemed less than surprised. The room looks completely different and it feels so good to have it finished!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

liz said...

Paula, good job! The room looks great! Don't you love not only the feeling of getting something accomplished, but loving the results?