Friday, April 10, 2009

NHS Induction




Happy Good Friday! This morning when I woke Peter up for school I said this to him. He responded, "It's good for us, but it wasn't good for Jesus. What happened wasn't good, but it is VERY good for us." Amen! Today our Bible study was on John 14 and 15. Jesus said in chapter 15 that we should rejoice because he is returning to the Father, who is greater than him. So many years I try to think solemn things, and indeed it was a solemn, unfathomable feat that our sins would be poured out on Christ on the cross, but oh the joy that I don't have to pay for them for all eternity!

Fred was inducted into the National Honor Society last night along with many other students. It was a beautiful ceremony, well done by the current members. I'm so proud of him! We had to take about 9 pictures with him because he seems to always blink when the camera clicks. In the ones where his eyes were actually open, I was focusing on his eyes being opened, so I wasn't smiling....He even had his eyes closed in the picture I took of him when I was half-way across the cafeteria and he was surrounded by friends. He says he has a "camera sense" and can tell when his picture is being taken. I credit that to all of the times we tried to take pictures of his brothers and he jumped in front of the camera too.

3 comments:

Jane Henry said...

FRED,

Congratulations on your induction to National Honor Society. That is really TERRIFIC.
We are all very proud of you! Keep up the very good work.

Hope that everyone is having a very good "Good Friday", thanks to Jesus. Hope that everyone has a great weekend. We hope that it will be nice weather for all the Easter Egg Hunts.

HAPPY EASTER!

Gram

Martha said...

Congratulations to Fred! I remember my NHS induction, too. What a special evening that was. God has blessed you, Fred! I'm sure you will use it for His honor!

"grandma" Toth said...

CONGRATULATIONS, FRED! What a good example for your younger brothers! Keep up the good work.