Thursday, April 2, 2009

spring


Signs of spring abound. I planted bulbs in the fall, finally, and was rewarded with 4 different types of flowers outside my front door. That was time well spent. We are careening through spring and it's only 2 weeks old! I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. I love that everything is new and renewed, that the sun warms me and the ground. I hate that we barely have time to glance at it from all of the business. Soccer Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and SAturday. Baseball everyday. Track starts Monday. It's crazy. I am working on having a good attitude this spring about sports. I'm also working on saying "no" to everything else. Hopefully we'll make it successfully to the other side of the season with mental health in tact. That remains to be seen, but we're off to a good start!

4 comments:

"grandma" toth said...

Take time to smell your flowers! Then everything will be put in the proper perspective. Enjoy your kids also. We still like to go to track meets to watch the coach! There;s a big one in Mineral Ridge this weekend.

liz said...

I always thought spring in Maryland was awfully brief anyway...

Who's doing track? Did you post about this already and I forgot? Hope they all do well and have fun!

heidiannie said...

It is spring in your boys lives, too and believe it or not it is just as fleeting. Try to enjoy even the frenzy of sports- because once it is over it can get very quiet.

Martha said...

Thanks for the pictures of spring! I just heard tonight that they're predicting 2-4 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon and snow for the next few days!!! :( Enjoy your spring!