Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy Saturday

I hadn't thought that it would be so long between posts when I started this, but life is busy now. I subbed on Thursday 1/2 day in kindergarten and 1/2 day in 3rd grade. I was not ready for that. They were all great kids, but my patience wore thin way too quickly. Maybe now I'm ready for subbing again. I don't know.
I started leading a Precepts Bible study this Friday morning. It was so much fun. I haven't been in a ladies Bible study for a while and am enjoying this one very much. We are studying Ruth. It's only a three week study, and I wanted to break them in easy. Precepts is an inductive study, meaning that it's all in the Bible, and the ones that we are doing require a good bit of homework. Then on Saturday I got to spend all day at a Precepts training course. It was fantastic. I could stay for days. It was so much fun to connect with people that I haven't seen in a while and catch up while we study God's Word. I'm so excited now for the study on Friday mornings, since I can put into practice what I learned Saturday.
Fred's game was cancelled on Friday evening. I guess they thought it was going to rain and the field was already a little wet. But they were fooled. It didn't rain until late last night. Sam, Ben and Peter all had soccer games yesterday, so Chris was running much of the day. He coaches Peter's and Ben's teams, who played an hour apart yesterday. Peter missed the last quarter of his game since Chris had to get to Ben's, but they were ahead by 9 when they left. Sam played goalie the first quarter of his game. He allowed 2 goals, one while admiring his gloves, but did much better on offense in the second half. His team won as well. Ben's team won, too, so they all start the season with big wins. Chris called me after the conference and we met at Bruster's (the best ice cream around!) It was a great day.

2 comments:

liz said...

Your Bible study sounds great. We are just finishing Isaiah in CBS and it has been AWESOME! I remember you studied it a few years ago--I finally understand what you were talking about!

And good job at keeping track of who needs to be where when. It's one of my biggest struggles!

Paula said...

Precepts is actually coming out with Isaiah and they are having a 2 week study this summer. I would love to go, but I don't think it will happen.