Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Found Friend

Sherry was my best friend since 4th grade. We spent A LOT of time together. She lived just up the road, so it was convenient. We were in band together, we went to after proms together, we learned the words to Meatloaf and Michael Jackson songs together. I think we spent the night at each other's houses every weekend. We watched Friday Night Videos when we could stay up that late. We went to South Carolina together for spring break when we were senior. We were buds. We were even the maids of honor in each other's weddings. But then we lost touch. She moved to Tennessee with her family, and I moved to Virginia with mine. We saw each other at our 10 year class reunion, but didn't really get to spend any time together. I had looked for her on line several times, but couldn't find her. As our 20 year reunion approaches, I started looking for information on-line. I found Sherry's my-space page and re-connected! I love how small the world becomes on the computer. Sherry just comleted a 1/2 marathon in Tenessee, and is planning to run one in Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach! That's only about 3-4 hours away! So hopefully we will get to meet up after the 1/2 marathon. It's so nice to catch up after all these years. She has 3 almost-grown children with one in college. Twenty years is a long time, so I'm thankful for the chance to re-connect with my childhood friend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula,
It is great that you have re-connected with your best friend after 20 years! It would be great for you to get together with her after her 1/2 marathon in Va. Beach.

Mom