Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pausing to catch my breath

Well, we're half way through our crazy Saturday, and I have gained a new appreciation for soccer coaches. Chris coaches Peter's and Ben's teams. Today Sam played at 9 and Peter and Ben played at 10 at different fields. Thankfully we are good friends with Sam's coach, so he brought Sam to where we were. Chris couldn't do both games, so I was supposed to coach Peter's team. His assistant came today, so I didn't have to be on the field, but I tried to keep everyone where they were supposed to be and watch the clock as well. It was exhausting and confusing, but we made it. Pete's team tied the other, which was great with me. One of the dad's came up and asked me to relay a message to Chris--"Don't miss any more games!" Chris does a fantastic job with the kids. He's so calm and organized and patient. I'm very thankful that he's willing to do this. Sam's team won and Ben's team lost by one. Fred's baseball team is playing now, Sam has to be across the county at the Fine Arts Festival to sing with the chorus in an hour. I wonder if I'll miss the craziness when they are all on their own? But for now, it's time to dive back in.

No comments: