Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OH the pain

I just finished my first official day of P90X. This is a 90 day workout program that Chris has been doing for 9 weeks. He looks great and has gotten stronger and has more endurance. I, on the other hand, have done nothing. Since having back issues I had to stop walking, which I used to do daily. It would just hurt my SI joint. I started physical therapy last year and had great results and a one hour pilates workout. But when I started subbing long term, that went out the window as well. I really enjoyed doing it and I know it made me stronger. So now I'm becoming marshmallow-ish. Two of my friends, both older than me, are very active. One has biked across several states and the other just finished life-guard training, both pushing themselves beyond what they thought they could do. They are my inspiration right now along with Chris and my 20 year class reunion in November. The guy on the P90X videos is very annoying. Every workout is the mother or all workouts....blah, blah, blah. But I can't argue with the results I've seen on Chris. Honestly, the workouts scare me a little. Today I did more push ups than I thought I would ever need to do in a life time. I also did chin ups and a workout called "Ab ripper X." Guess what that does! I tried these out a couple of weeks ago. The day after the one I did today wasn't too bad except for the biceps, but the next one...well, I couldn't walk down the stairs well for 3 days. Chris assures me that this will go away, but I don't know that I believe him. Right now I just need the motivation to do it every day. Here's hoping! I'll keep thinking of Liz and Donna while I work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just testing

Anonymous said...

So you don't believe me ;) I'm trying to post to check you settings.

Anonymous said...

Were you posting as me?

liz said...

You can do it! I know you can--although Joe is running his second half-marathon this Saturday and I -- am not! So, yeah, I'll stick with biking. I think it's just sticking with something that is so hard (yet brings the greatest results, etc...).