Sunday, November 6, 2011

Food

 I'm a foodie.  I love all kinds of food.  Before I had children, and then before they got busy, I would regularly try new recipes, peruse cookbooks and buy cooking magazines.  One of my friends used to always ask if we were eating a new recipe, and nine times out of ten we were.  She agreed to keep being a guinea pig for me though. 

I still love food, but not like before.  I don't have time to be adventuresome, nor do I like the clean-up it now entails.  I'm very thankful for the abundance of food available to me.  It is a luxury that we take for granted

Today I'm thankful for this not-so-nice looking but amazing butternut squash souffle.  It's truly a delight. I am counting it as a vegetable.  There are 2 cups of butternut squash in it.  That counts.  But it tastes like smooth butterscotch.  Yummm. As we scarfed it down last night Peter said, "Mom, I hope there is A LOT of this in heaven.  It's amazing!"  I would agree.

2 comments:

Jane Henry said...

Paula,

I will have to look through my recipes, since I think you gave me that recipe for butternut squash thingy. I happen to have a very nice butternut squash on the counter, so I am going to have to try it.

Pete seems to really love it.
MOM

Aunt Martha said...

Paula,

When/if you have a minute, please share that recipe. We had a pretty good crop of butternut squash this year - and this recipe sounds delicious! I trust Pete's judgement! :-)