Thursday, November 3, 2011

Strength


Sleep and I have a somewhat tenuous relationship with a sordid past.  Many times he's happy to oblige me, gentle and faithful each night.  But there are nights when I scare him away with worries and business, or when my usually calm tenants, the Hormones, decide to go on the warpath.  Then Sleep flees away, too frightened or put out to show his face.  Other times though, for no apparent reason, he hides from me, always just beyond my reach.  Sometimes its just for a night, like he had another engagement, but quickly returns the next night to make up for it.  But there are days and weeks and even months when he hides so well.  He furtively creeps in around 2 or 3 and then promptly disappears again way before the alarm.  Ahhhh Sleep.




But each day, each week, each month God is faithful.  When I call on Him, He hears me.  When I cry out for strength He answers.  Isaiah 26:3-4 says, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in You.  Trust in the Lord for in Yah the Lord is everlasting strength."  I can't tell you how many days that has been my cry.  His strength is mine if I ask.  He is ever so faithful.  Some mornings it's all I can do to hold back the tears and just function, but then I remember that I can call on everlasting Strength, and He provides!  I'll be doing that again today and praying that Sleep will forgive me and return again. 

2 comments:

Jane said...

Paula,

That was a very good lesson about STRENGTH and sleep. Hope that sleep does NOT miss you from now on and you can get many good nights' of sleep.

Mom

ashley said...

Paula,

Try some lavender oil put it on your feet it helps me sleep.So does a hot bath w/ candles!!Love it.By the way what happened to Chris's head???? He better wear a hat now!!!LOL

Love ya'll
Pam