Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankfulness

It's November again!  Time for the daily thanksgiving posts.  I am not a thankful person by nature.  It's much easier for me to see what's wrong than to be thankful for what isn't.  I hate that about me, but this tradition gives me the opportunity and the obligation to look for things for which I'm thankful.  Having to record it means that I have to look beyond the things for which I'm always thankful like my husband and my children (well, o.k., not always).  So today, November 1st, when one of my children is not speaking to me and two have more candy than any human being should which means I have to deal with it, I am looking to be thankful. 

I didn't have to look far.  This morning again I was challenged and encouraged by my Bible study.  Two friends and I are working through Beth Moore's Daniel study.   We've done several together, and I'm always surprised at how much I learn.  The last part of Daniel is about the visions of the future that God gave him, and this verse from Isaiah set the tone for today:  "I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say:  My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please."  Isaiah 46:10.  When I feel like things are out of control what a comfort to know that God does what He pleases and His purposes will stand since He loves me and is for me and is changing me into the image of Christ.  It also helps me to remember that there are bigger things going on in the world than what I can see in my little life. 

No comments: