Friday, August 15, 2008

Free at Last

As I write this, my parents are going through the discharge process at Mary Washington. Yeah! Thank you so much for your care and concern. He is very tired, although he got two good nights of sleep, last night and the night before. When I got there yesterday afternoon, he and Mom were both napping. Dad had a good day yesterday with no seizures at all. Today he was anxious to get out of there. He looked very tired when I saw him this morning, but I'm sure after a night in his own bed he'll feel a ton better. They (or rather he) plans on heading home this afternoon. When they finish the discharge and get the meds he will need, then he plans on coming here to shower and then heading south. He has had a heart monitor on the entire time he was there, so he wasn't able to shower. They had some neat things to use to clean up, though, including a cap that has shampoo and warm water in it. You just put it on your head and rub for a few minutes. Viola--clean hair. And so this saga ends, hopefully for good.

I will go to VBS tonight and take Chris's place so that he can go to Fred's first football scrimmage. And so life continues.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to have such a vast prayer community to encourage us through times like this! Wht a blessing. Thankful your dad is on the road to recovery, and your family life is getting back to "normal". Love and prayers will continue with all of you.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your father is on his way home... 'free at last'; how appropriate!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for keeping me informed about your father. With me being so far away it sure was a great help to me and I did pass the information on to other folks over this way. Now, hopefully, you will be able to get back to normal - football, VBS, etc.I know you have been a big help to your Mom and Dad.vs

liz said...

Yea for everyone! We'll keep your dad in prayer.

Martha said...

Paula, I just read this on Sunday and I'm happy that your dad was released and can go (IS???) home!! I hope their trip south was uneventful and that he can get caught up on his rest!