Monday, August 11, 2008

Some Good News

Today when I got to the hospital, my dad was sitting in the chair just talking away. He didn't seem to have any of the effects that we saw yesterday. He talked with my uncle on the phone for about 30 minutes and then talked with both of my brothers and my sister-in-law. He was soooo much better today. We are all so thankful. He is exhausted. He had two grand mal seizures in the night. The first happened just as my mom was getting ready to leave in the evening. That was the worst one. She decided to spend the night. He had another about 3 am, but it was less severe. Today at lunch he started to have trouble talking again and then for a couple of hours seemed to be having a few of the small seizures as before. He had another EEG that still showed seizure activity, so they upped his medicine to get it more quickly into his system. He seems to be doing better on this medicine. About 20 minutes after they started the dose, he was back talking again and not having as much trouble. Everyone there is so kind. We have a great nursing staff at Mary Washington. They did find a mass in one of his glands, and they are going to biopsy that tomorrow. While he's there, they may as well get it done. Dad said that the doctor told him that once you have a grand mal seizure you are in the hospital for 4 more days, so he may be there for awhile. We sure appreciate all your prayers. Mom is supposed to be coming home this evening to get some rest. We can all use some at this point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep looking up. We're praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good news in your last information. I was really happy to hear from you. It's great that this all happened while they were with you. I'm sure your mom is happy about that, too. I'm still praying for your dad and for all of you. vs

liz said...

Take care, all of you. What a difficult time. I am praying the Lord is very real to each of you the next few days.