Thursday, August 28, 2008

Home again

My dad is home again. The folks at UVA sent him home yesterday. They monitored him and said that he has no seizure activity. They weaned him from all of the anti-seizure medicine and have sent him home. He and my mom are both very glad to be home. I hope it is for longer this time. He will go back to UVA for some more testing soon, but they felt that he can be treated while at home and didn't need to be in the hospital anymore. He has taken 2 long showers after so long in the hospital and says that he feels fine. The anti-seizure medicines were giving him terrible headaches, and those seem to be gone. Thanks for all of your prayers and concerns.

Now it's time to focus on getting these 4 boys to school. Chris's mom and sister and her family are coming up tomorrow to visit for the weekend. That would mean that today is monster clean day! I have been scattered to the 4 winds this week with so many things happening. Today I plan to just stay home and take care of things here. Of course I will need to venture out tomorrow to get food for us, but that gives me at least 24 hours here. We weren't able to get to South Carolina to visit Chris's family this summer, so I'm very thankful that they would take the time to come see us. We are going to take them to the zoo in D.C. Saturday. Our niece loves animals and she hasn't been there yet. It's such a fun place. My boys have been clamoring to go all summer, so now is the time.

4 comments:

liz said...

It's time for some fun--hope the trip to DC is great! And I know you'll love the visit (and the clean house!).

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news about you dad! Hope he is home for good, now! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good news, Paula. Have a GREAT weekend.vs

LindaSue said...

oh, it's been forever since I've seen Pam and Norma Jean (or, for that matter, you all)! If you get this in time, please give them my love!