Monday, August 25, 2008

Update on my dad

Just wanted to post a quick update on my dad. He was transferred last night to UVA Medical Center in Charlottesville. He went up about 8 last night. He didn't have a good day yesterday. Mom said that he was very quiet and when he did speak, he would say off the wall things. I talked with him last night before the transfer. He sounded o.k. Then he thought of something funny and started laughing. He was trying to tell me the joke, but he was laughing too hard and couldn't. He laughed for 20 minutes while I was on the phone, and then the nurse came in to get him his medicines. He could hardly stop laughing to take them. He laughed even as he was getting in the ambulance to Charlottesville. i think it was just tension release. He said he felt better! Today he had a cat scan and another EEG, which will stay on all night. He and Mom met the team of doctors that will be working with him. I'm so thankful that the transfer happened so quickly. I know it was God at work. Dad said as much to me last night. There is a hospitality house nearby where Mom will stay while they are there. It's only about an hour from their home, so she could drive home if she needs to get away for a bit. This hospital is where they took Christopher Reeve after his accident. It really is one of the best in the state. Thanks for all of your prayers. It is good that he is there and hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of this quickly. My sister-in-law is planning on going up there on Wednesday, and I will try to go Thursday. It's about 90 minutes from here. I'll keep you updated. Now I have to take Peter to baseball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Paula. So good to hear from you. It sure sounds like they will take good care of him. That's where he needs to be. Lots of love and prayers. vs

liz said...

God bless you, Paula, as you juggle being a daughter and a mom and a wife and everything else you do! And we pray for quick healing for your dad.