Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

It's been a long day!


Together at last!


19 years later
Yesterday, August 5th, was our 19th wedding anniversary! I have officially been married as long as I was single. That is just so amazing to me. I've had the privilege of spending half of my life with this wonderful man. And if you can do math you realize that I was just 19 when we were married. My parents never said a word about how young I was, for which I'm very thankful. God had a plan for me and protected me from much heartache, I'm sure.
Chris, I love and respect you so much. You are my best friend. You listen to me, you love me, and you put up with me. You are the best man I know. I appreciate that you think things through where I tend to rush in. You are steady and wise. You aren't afraid to try anything in order to care for your family and home. When we came home from Ohio to a flooded laundry room, you rerouted the water pipes and gave us water again, even though you had never done anything like that before. I can trust you. I love that you still love to be with me and that working at home has been a good thing for both of us. Happy Anniversary! I am looking forward to the next 19 and more! I love you!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! How well lI remember your wedding day! It was beautiful.
What a wonderful tribute by a wonderful person to another wonderful person. You guys are like our own family and we love you all.
Happy Anniversary, again to ALL of you.

Anonymous said...

...and who walked you down the aisle? Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't she the sweetest thing? I love you too.

Paula said...

It was poor Grandpa Henry who had to take the reigns. My dad was very sick, so Grandpa walked me down the aisle. He kept telling me to slow down!

liz said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Henry was very proud to walk you down the aisle! :-)

Martha said...

I LOVE your pose on that first picture, Paula!!! Just love it! Happy Anniversary to you both!