Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Teenagers




I am thankful for the teenagers in my life--mine and other people's.  Some of my best days are when there are teens here playing volleyball, roasting hotdogs and sharing their lives with us.  We had a bonfire on Saturday for the youth at our church and their friends.  They played volleyball until it was dark and then moved on to Man Hunt and Ghost in the Graveyard.  It's so much fun to hear them talk and watch them play, but the best part for me is the conversation.  After many had left, a few stayed and we talked for the next hour or so.  What a privilege to get a peak into their lives and be able to just love them.   

3 comments:

liz said...

I have also loved the teens our kids have brought into our lives. We've had jam sessions, video game marathons, AP study groups, and just plain hanging out...

My life is going to get really boring when they're gone!

Jane said...

Paula,
Parties, and bonfires are really fun for the kids as well as the adults. We did have lots of parties when you three were growing up.
Mom

Anonymous said...

hay