Monday, November 3, 2008

Celebration



This is what was left of the gluten-free chocolate cake I made to celebrate Fred's Academic Achievement award today. It goes to those who maintained a 3.5 through their freshman year. If they do it again this year, then they recieve an academic letter. We are so proud of him!

I'm thankful for Fred's hard work and diligence at school, and that we could celebrate his accomplishment.

I'm thankful for chocolate cake.

Mostly today I'm thankful that, "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God" (Romans 13:1). isn't that a comforting thought as we move toward election day tomorrow?

Now get out and VOTE!

6 comments:

liz said...

We just had a discussion about God's sovereignty in all of life. I'm sure He'll be able to deal with the outcomes tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Fred for his academic achievement!

Anonymous said...

Paula,

CONGRATULATIONS to Fred for his Academic Award!!!! That was very terrific. Hope he gets his letter next time.

We know that God will be able to deal with whoever wins in the election. I just hope that they get the absente ballots from Iraq.
It would be horrible for them NOT to count their votes, since they are fighting for this country.
Jane

Anonymous said...

That chocolate cake looked almost good enough to be the award! It is so good when our children are recognized by others to have made great achievements! We (as their families) know they are exceptional and hard working and deserving- but they so quick to see our commendation as prejudiced because we are their mothers! I'm thankful along with you that he has been given special notice!

And- I'm not sure that God isn't hurt when His children act like spoiled brats and call names and spread untruths about those they don't agree with! I just hope that we as believers and Americans can be people of reconciliation and grace after this is over!

Peace- heidi

Martha said...

Paula, do you eat gluten-free? Do you have any good recipes to share? I have several friends who are begging me to bake gluten-free for them, but I don't have a lot of resources. Please share! :)

Paula said...

Yes, we do gluten free for Peter and me. I have some great cook books and make everything from bagels to cookies to sandwich bread.