Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yesterday

Technically this is yesterday's thankfulness post. I composed it in my head, just not on the computer.
I'm so thankful that we have the privilege of going to our polling place and voting without fear of reprisal. We so much take this for granted, but it is an amazing privilege. No one wants to shoot me for voting. No one will burn my house down for casting a ballot. I think of the Iraqi's when they had their vote. People walked tens of miles to stand in line all day with smiles on their faces. I heard complaints yesterday from people who had to stand in line for 20 minutes! I remember the grins on the faces of the women who showed their inked fingers, a miracle in our time. I hope that we remember what an opportunity we have each time we go behind that curtain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thannkful God is still in control and as long as we look to Him for guidance, we'll do well.
And I'm thankful for my young friends who can see the wisdom of being thankful and sharing thoughts with others. Thanks, Paula. It's a joy to read your bogs!
Love and blessings to all of you.

liz said...

Yes! I agree!