Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving


We celebrated Thanksgiving today instead of tomorrow so that I don't have to worry about getting everything ready and cleaning it all up and leaving. It was actually a nice thing to do. Everything has been put away already, and tomorrow I can wake up late and watch the parades and not worry about getting everything ready. Plus we get to have leftovers! I'm thankful for the abundance of great food, the amazing aromas that combine to make the house smell delicious. I'm thankful that everything turned out. I'm also thankful for my pink dishes. They were my gram's. Every holiday I would go over early to set the table with the pink dishes and the good silver ware and the crystal water glasses and the salt dips. It was a tradition that I miss. My boys don't appreciate the pink dishes like I do, but it's not too bad since there are castles on them. I'm thankful for family traditions and for being together to celebrate and EAT. Enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow! We'll be eating leftovers. Yum!

3 comments:

liz said...

Your table is beautiful, Paula! I like the pink dishes! Have a great rest of your weekend!

Martha said...

Seeing that you are the only female in the house, and that you are the one that is most likely responsible for setting a beautiful table, I think that it's quite fitting that you use pink dishes that hold special memories for you! Hopefully those memories will pass down to your boys, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that your lovely pink dishes don't hinder the appetites of your boys! They are beautiful and I'm glad you use them. Keep enjoying them.