Thursday, November 6, 2008

football


I am thankful for football. I'm thankful that Fred was able to play again after his concussion, and that I have healthy, strong children who can participate in sports. I'm thankful for the passion that he feels for the game, and for the way he pushes himself during practice. I'm thankful that he has learned discipline, sacrifice, disappointment, and how to push himself to finish even when he wants to quit. I'm thankful for coaches who know the Lord and who want to be role models for their players. It gives me great joy to watch him play and to watch him interact with his teammates on the side lines. Yesterday was the last game and their team won and completed the season with a winning record, the first time in the 5 year history of the school, I believe. And so now I'm thankful that it's done and that maybe we will see him some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son played football in high school and I was not thankful. I appreciate your ability to watch without worrying and fretting. I wish I had been able to have that attitude then. But I am grateful for your testimony- it has helped me to think about some things.

heidi