Saturday, November 8, 2008

Invincible

Our youth group went to the Invincible Tour last night and today. It is an amazing conference teaching students how to share their faith with others and inspiring them to live out that faith every day. We went last year and were blown away. Many of the kids have said that it changed their lives. I know it did for Fred. So 3 adults and 38 students left our church office last night at 5:30 to go to the Patriot Center to be inspired again. I'm thankful for the enthusiasm these students have for the Gospel, and for their excitement to hear God's Word. I'm thankful for the passion Greg Stier and the Dare to Share team have for reaching students and equipping them to be effective Christians.

I'm also thankful for sleep--especially today when I haven't had enough. I couldn't safely drive to the conference for lack of sleep, so I'm home instead of with the kids today. Right now, I'm thankful that bedtime is not that far away. I'm also very thankful for my husband who offered to drive me up to the conference and then come to get me when my part was over.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I wish I would have been able to experience such a thing as a teenager. I'm sure it'll do wonders for your boys!

(Get some sleep!!)