Friday, November 28, 2008

Ohio

Today I am thankful for the great driving weather we had yesterday. It was a beautiful day. The boys could play outside, and the roads were clear as we headed north.
I'm also thankful for prayer. I am far away from those most dear, but I can pray for them. God is with them as well and knows what they need. I'm so thankful that I have the privilege of taking everything to the Father because of Jesus. We have no idea what a privilege this is. In the old testament, God dwelled in the Temple. A regular woman like me would have no possible access to that sacred place. I could only stay in the court of the women and hope that somehow God would hear me even though I was so far away (not that He couldn't, of course, but the Israelites didn't understand this). To be able to approach the throne of God freely because Jesus opened the way with his death on the cross is a feat that is beyond comprehension to me, but I'm so very thankful.

2 comments:

liz said...

Yes, Paula! To always be in touch (or to be able to be in touch) with God Almighty is awesome and humbling.

Have a great weekend!

Martha said...

It's hard for me to even imagine being a woman back then! I'm also thankful for the immediate access to my Father!