Sunday, November 23, 2008

pizza and basketball

Our family has a standing date. Saturday is pizza movie night. We rotate through the six of us for the movie picks. Chris has kept track of all of the movies we have chosen. We've seen everything from Pokemon to Iron Man (this week's pick). And most weeks I make pizza. I'm thankful for the time together with the boys and for the delicious hot homemade pizza. Yum!

Today Fred, Peter and Chris played flag football with the youth group, so Ben, Sam and I were at home together. Instead of cleaning up the kitchen and reading the paper, we played cards--spoons and golf, and then we played knock-out (basketball). It was so much fun to just play and not worry. Last year I couldn't have done this because of my hip and lower back, but this year I was right there with them. I was so out of breath that my lungs were burning. It felt so good. I'm thankful that I agreed to play and that I could play with them. We had such a fun time together. Everyone playing flag football had fun as well. I'm so thankful for these good times.

1 comment:

liz said...

Our kids LOVE our traditions--even chore related ones. Not that they love the chores--it's the fact that they know what is coming and what to expect.