Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shopping update

I had to go back to the stores for food. The best laid plans..... don't always happen! I was shopping for groceries for Ben's birthday party on Friday and some other things we needed, when I decided to try the mall one more time to find an outfit for the reunion. I hadn't tried Macy's, so I went in with trepidation. But if I found something, then I could be done and not have to spend another day looking. There were so many things that I loved. So finally, without Chris, I found two possibilities and brought them home! Yeah! It feels so good to finally know that I will have something to wear. Silly, I know, but it's also a load off of my mind. So today I'm thankful for the dress and blouse that I found to wear to the reunion. I'm thankful for the three precious and patient women who freely gave me their advice about what I should wear.

I'm also thankful for my hairdresser! I got my hair cut yesterday. I just love the feel of someone else washing my hair. It is a luxury. My hairdresser also is a friend, so I'm thankful for the good conversations that we have while I'm there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may be the only one at your class reunion everyone will recognize since you haven't changed so much. We had our 50th in July. Only a few that I didn't recognize. (Probably the gray hair...or lack thereof.)

Anonymous said...

Paula,
I am so glad that you found something to wear to the reunion, and it is something that you really love, so that will make you feel terrific. Also glad that you were able to get your hair cut and you will really look great at your class reunion. It would be easier for me to find something to wear if I were your size.
Love, Mom

Martha said...

Yea! You found something! What a great feeling of accomplishment and relief!