Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday


Today is my brother Todd's birthday. He is the middle child (the one in orange above). I'm thankful for him and for all that he does. I'm thankful for his wife and two daughters as well, and for the relationship I have with both of my brothers. I'm glad that my children can see that we are friends and enjoy being together when we can, so that the example they have is one of staying connected with their siblings. Todd works for the Air National Guard in Virginia. He was in Iraq and, before that, Qutar. He has always been so loyal to his friends, his family, and his country. He and I have spent many hours talking politics, history and religion, much to my great delight. I'm thankful for the role siblings play in each other's lives as we grow old. God uses each of us to shape the other into more and better than we would be on our own. They knew us like no one else as we grew up together. We share memories, good and bad, that others cannot. What a blessing to be a sister!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula,
I can't even remember where you were when we took that picture. That was a very long time ago!
I am so very glad that you and your brothers are such good friends
My sisters and I were not close. I am hoping that your boys will remain friends with each other as they grow up.
Todd does look a lot different,
now, doesn't he.
Hope all of us can go on vacation again this summer.

Love, Mom

liz said...

Great tribute! Siblings are an awesome gift!

heidiannie said...

I'm so glad you have close relationships with your siblings! I am saddened by the number of people who don't get along- so I rejoice with those who do! My sister and my brothers are some of the best known and loved heroes in my life.